enjoy my work. i post what i write, what i see, and what it means to me. good or bad, comment away.

6.15.2010

life song

People say that music is life but
I contend that life is music.
Everything you're composed of composes
a unique composition so open up your
Mind's mouth and use it.

When I write a song it's more than just
Ink on pages with notes and musical phrases;
It's me celebrating what today is by adding
Parts of myself in stages.

A heart beat bass drum, treble tears, and the
Trembling tremolo of my shaking fears to start.

I want to combine my assonance and consonance
To create a dissonance that causes your
Tympanic membranes to dance.

I want to whisper with crashing cymbals and
Produce a din with something as thin as
a tin thimble; form overtones that you
Can only hear with your chromosomes.

The curvature of your backbone is a saxophone
And notes slapped out in a funkadelic style
Come together to form your spinal chord,
The air made hazy with the smoke from a
Parliament, of course.

Take a hammer to your brain cells and hear
Bells echo in your cerebellum.

I want to wrap my hands in paper and play
Guitar till my fingers bleed,
Red florets writing out my life's song for you
To play back to me, soulfully, allowing every
Note to reach into memory and conjure up the
Reasons I wrote that song in the first place.

I want to touch your soul's face with melodies
That return your spirit's grace to how it is in
Its innermost space. Eyes closed, mouth agape;
Letting words and notes take the place of breath,
Inhalation and exhalation, exultation
A total tonal intellectual invasion.

Reverberation digestion, taking in aurally and
Regurgitation orally, an ominous vomitous flow
From me; never ending, no pretending that the heart of me
is just part of what you're starting to see.

So listen closely to this lyrical flow presented to thee.
It may be an unfinished symphony but don't worry.
My life has only just begun to be.

People say that music is life but
I contend that life is music.
Everything you're composed of composes
a unique composition so open up your
Mind's mouth and use it.

1 comment:

  1. You, my little friend have got talent. A whooole bunch of talent. We're talking grade-A, gold star sticker, I want in your feck'n pants you're so good, talent. You, my little friend have got a new fan. Me. So, keep writing, keep performing. I wish nothing but peace and happiness for you -blows you a kiss. XD

    ReplyDelete